This item is a New "Open-Box" Fluke 438 Series II Power Quality & Motor Analyzer. Calibrated by Fluke on July 22, 2020. Comes with soft Fluke case, TLS 430 Voltage Leads with alligator clamps, x4 Fluke i430-FLEXI-TF-II current probes (6000A), USB Cable, Fluke certificate of calibration, Fluke BC430 power cable with international adapter set, CD with Product Manual and Power Log Software (V5.4). Comes with 90 day warranty. All pictures are of the actual unit and included accessories.
Also includes installed features: V/A/Hz, Dips & Swells, Harmonics, Power & Energy, Energy Loss Calculator, Power Inverter Efficiency, Unbalance, Inrush, Monitor, Flicker, Transients, Power Scope Record, Event Capture, Mains Signalling, and Motor Analyzer.
This item comes with a 3 Month (90 day) warranty. All functions are guaranteed to work or money will be refunded.
For customers in the USA, all purchases arrive cleared. ALL brokerage or customs fees are prepaid by us. Your item arrives FOB destination.
International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying. For more information of clarification, please ask.
Will ship worldwide. We make our best efforts to get you the best shipping prices. Contact us for other international rates and we will be pleased to give you a quote. We accept VISA / Mastercard. Paypal is also accepted. Sales to within Canada are subject to 5% GST. Ontario sales subject to 13% HST.
Fluke 438 Series II Power Quality and Motor Analyzer - NIST Calibrated
The new Fluke 438-II Power Quality and Motor Analyzer adds key mechanical measurement capabilities for electric motors to the advanced power quality analysis functions of the Fluke 430 Series II Power Quality Analyzers. Quickly and easily measure and analyze key electrical and mechanical performance parameters such as power, harmonics, unbalance, motor speed, torque and mechanical power without the need of mechanical sensors. The ideal portable motor analysis test tool, the 438-II can help locate, predict, prevent, and troubleshoot power quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power distribution systems, while giving technicians the mechanical and electrical information they need to effectively evaluate motor performance.
Calculates the amount of rotational force (displayed in lb.ft or Nm) developed by a motor and transmitted to a driven mechanical load. The motor torque is the single most critical variable that characterizes the instantaneous mechanical performance of rotating equipment driven by electric motors.
Provides the instantaneous motor shaft rotational speed. Combined with the motor torque, motor speed provides a snapshot of the mechanical performance of rotating equipment driven by electric motors.
Motor mechanical load
Measures the actual mechanical power (displayed in hp or kW) produced by motors and provides a direct link to overloading conditions without simply basing it on the motor current.
Shows the effectiveness of each motor within a machine, assembly line, plant, and/or facility in converting electric power to useful mechanical work. By properly aggregating the efficiencies of a population of motors the total (aggregate) efficiency can be estimated. Comparisons to expected motor efficiencies at observed operating conditions can help quantify the cost associated with motor energy inefficiency.
How it works
Using proprietary algorithms, this power quality and motor analyzer uses three phase current and voltage waveforms to calculate motor torque, speed, load and efficiency at a 1 second update rate. The motor air gap field, as observed via the voltage/current waveforms, provides the basis for the measurements. Mechanical sensors and intrusive no-load motor testing is not required, making it faster than ever to analyze overall electric motor performance.
- Measure key parameters on direct-on-line motors including torque, RPM, mechanical power and motor efficiency
- Perform dynamic motor analysis by plotting of motor de-rating factor against load according to NEMA guidelines
- Calculate mechanical power and efficiency without the need of mechanical sensors, just connect to the input conductors and you’re ready to go
- Measure electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance
- PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, and shows half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Waveform capture function captures 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each event detected event, in all modes, without set-up
- Automatic transient mode captures waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6 kV
- Supports motor design types NEMA A, B, C, D & E and IEC type H and N
- Rated torque is calculated from rated power and rated speed
- Update rate of Motor Measurements is 1x per second
- Default Trend duration is 1 week
Mechanical Motor Power
Range: 0.7 to 746 kW, 1 to 1000 hp
Resolution: 0.1 kW, 0.1 hp
Default Limit: 100%= Rated power
Range: 0 to 10,000 nM, 0 to 10,000 lb ft
Resolution: 0.1 nM. 0.1 lb ft
Default Limit: 100%= Rated torque
Range 0 to 3600 rpm
Resolution: 1 rpm
Default Limit: 100%= Rated rpm
Range: 0 to 100%
Range: 0 to 100%
Default Limit: 5%
Harmonics Voltage Factor (NEMA)
Range: 0 to 0.2
Default Limit: 0.15
Unbalance Derating Factor
Range: 0.7 to 1
Harmonics Derating Factor
Range: 0.7 to 1
Total NEMA Derating Factor
Range: 0.5 to 1