The MegiQ Radiation Measurement System (RMS) is a compact test system that performs 3-axis radiation pattern measurement in non-anechoic spaces.
With a frequency range of 600 MHz to 4 GHz it is well suited for characterization and measurement of Antenna Radiation Patterns, Antenna Gain, ERP, TRP, Field Strength.
Extensive evaluation has shown that – with reasonable setup - the accuracy of the RMS is similar to that of anechoic test labs.
Characterize wireless devices of today, like IOT devices, routers, phones, domotica products, electronic gadgets, tablets, laptops, RF-modules etc.
The RMS is used for these measurements:
- Radiated output power patterns of a wireless device
- Harmonic radiation patterns (up to 4 GHz) of wireless devices
- Gain and radiation patterns of standalone antennas, using the generator option
- Gain over frequency of antennas
- Radiation patterns over frequency of antennas
- Beamwidth and max gain of directional antennas, over frequency
While this is usually measured in an anechoic chamber to avoid reflections to affect the measurement, the RMS has a smart antenna design to reduce the sensitivity for reflections. This allows radiation measurements to be made in relatively small lab or office spaces.
The RMS system itself has an accuracy of ± 1dB. In a reasonable space one can expect an extra uncertainty of 1 or 2 dB. The repeatability of measurements is excellent at ±0.5 dB. No user calibration is required.
- Antenna height 100 cm to 170 cm.
- Dual Polarization Antenna.
- Dual channel measuring receiver.
- Generator output (option).
- Rotation controller unit.
- Power supply.
- USB connection for computer control.
- Height 70 cm and 130 cm.
- Stepper motor drive.
- 30 seconds per rotation.
- Smooth acceleration.
- Table size 28 x 28 cm.
- Max EUT weight: 7.5 kg.
- Heavy Duty table: 100 x 50 cm, 30 kg.
MegiQ RMS-0640 Radiation Measurement System 600MHz to 4GHz EMC
Complete measurement system, includes:
- Antenna base with mast
- Measuring antenna
- Measuring receiver
- Turn table with masts
- Turn table platform
- Object fixture
- RMS Software
- Tools for setup and measuring
- RMS-GEN: Internal 3GHz Signal Generator
- RMS-LASER: Internal Laser Pointer
- RMS-HDTT: Heavy Duty Turn Table
- RMS-COAX: 5 meter quality SMA coax